2008 Nominations for NAEM Officers
NAEM is electing new Officers for our Association on October 21st, 2008. This election will be conducted via a slate of nominations and approved by the Board of Regents. The slate will be put together by the NAEM Governance Committee (chaired by Michael McGuire, NAEM's past president), and presented on September 19, 2008.
All members in good standing are eligible to serve on the Board of Directors. Nominations must be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT on Friday August 1, 2008. Any nominations received after this deadline will not be considered.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the responsibilities for Association Officers?
What are the responsibilities of the Board of Directors?
- Develop, oversee, and monitor the implementation of the strategic plan
- Ensure adequate resources and provide proper financial oversight.
- Ensure there are sufficient resources to accomplish goals as well as to ensure legal and ethical integrity & maintain accountability
- Select & support the chief executive and assess his or her performance
- Create and implement, monitor, strengthen the organization's programs & services
- Enhance the organization's public standing
What is the composition of the Board of Directors?
- Proposed Officers elected by slate: President, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer
- Ex Officio Directors (by virtue of position): General Counsel, Affiliates Council President, Past President, NAEM Executive Director
- Representatives from the Association Membership: Representatives from the general membership as well as representatives from the Corporate/Non-Profit and Governmental sponsor members.
When do the Board of Directors meet?
The Board of Directors will meet quarterly, twice in person and twice electronically. Each seat is a two (2)-year term.
How are the elections conducted?
The governance committee, composed of members of the Board of Regents and chaired by NAEM's past president, Michael McGuire of Deere & Company, is responsible for creating the slate of officers to be elected by the Board of Regents. The slate of officers will be announced on September 19, 2008.
The Board of Regents will vote in the new Officers on October 21, 2008 at the Board of Regents meeting.
Who are the Board of Regents?
The Board of Regents is comprised of up to one representative from each Sponsor Member and the Executive Director of NAEM. The President of the Board of Directors will serve as the Chairman of the Board of Regents. The duties of the Board of Regents shall determine the mission, vision and purpose of NAEM.
How do I know if I am a member in good standing?
Members are in good standing with membership dues paid in full and on time.
Are self-nominations accepted?
Yes! You can nominate yourself or any other NAEM regent member.