2010 Nominations for NAEM Officers
NAEM will hold elections for its Board of Directors on October 12, 2010. This election will be conducted via a slate of nominations and approved by the Board of Regents. The slate will be assembled by the NAEM Governance Committee (chaired by Frank Brandauer, former NAEM president), and presented on September 10, 2010.
All members in good standing are eligible to serve on the Board of Directors. Nominations must be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT on Friday, July 30, 2010. Any nominations received after this deadline will not be considered.
How do I submit a nomination?
To submit a nomination, please email Lauren Ledermann, NAEM manager of member services and administration, at email@example.com. Please include the nominee’s first and last name, title, company, phone number and email address.
Are self-nominations accepted?
Yes! You can nominate yourself or any other NAEM member.
How do I know if I am a member in good standing?
Members are in good standing with membership dues paid in full and on time. If you are unsure of your status with NAEM, contact Lauren Ledermann, NAEM manager of member services and administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 202.986.6616.
Can a member on the Affiliates Council be on the Board of Directors?
No, members on the Affiliates Council are not eligible to participate on the Board of Directors. They are represented by Affiliates Council President.
What are the responsibilities for NAEM Officers?
See PDF for responsibilities.
What are the responsibilities of the Board of Directors?
- Develop, oversee, and monitor the implementation of the strategic plan
- Ensure adequate resources and provide proper financial oversight.
- Ensure there are sufficient resources to accomplish goals as well as to ensure legal and ethical integrity & maintain accountability
- Select & support the chief executive and assess his or her performance
- Create and implement, monitor, strengthen the organization’s programs & services
- Enhance the organization’s public standing
What is the composition of the Board of Directors?
- Proposed Officers elected by slate: President, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer
- Ex Officio Directors (by virtue of position): General Counsel, Affiliates Council President, Past President, NAEM Executive Director
- Representatives from the Association Membership: Representatives from the general membership as well as representatives from the Corporate/Non-Profit and Governmental sponsor members.
When does the Board of Directors meet?
The Board of Directors meets quarterly, twice in person and twice electronically.
How often do elections occur?
An election is held every two (2) years.
How are the elections conducted?
The governance committee, composed of members of the Board of Regents and chaired by NAEM’s past president, Frank Brandauer, is responsible for creating the slate of officers to be elected by the Board of Regents. The slate of officers will be announced on September 10, 2010.
The Board of Regents will vote in the new Officers on October 12, 2010 at the Board of Regents meeting.
Who are the Board of Regents?
The Board of Regents is comprised of up to one representative from each Sponsor Member and the Executive Director of NAEM. The President of the Board of Directors will serve as the Chairman of the Board of Regents. The duties of the Board of Regents shall determine the mission, vision and purpose of NAEM.