The Upper Midwest Chapter is NAEM’s local networking group for EHS and sustainability leaders in the Minneapolis area. To stay current with regulatory issues, share information with peers and learn valuable professional skills, register for an upcoming event today
Developing Auditor Skills/Training & Defining EHS Auditing Program Best Practices
Thursday April 21, 2016
8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. CST
Location: Polaris Industries Inc. - 2100 Highway 55, Medina, Minnesota 55340
The NAEM Upper Midwest Chapter cordially invites you to the spring chapter meeting at Polaris Industries. This meeting will focus on characterizing, identifying, developing, and training lead auditors & audit team members and defining EHS auditing program best practices.
- Your audit group has retired or will next year…how do you replace the knowledge and talent that is leaving the organization? Whether you have a formal auditor training program or rely on baptism by fire, we will look at how organizations identify, develop and gauge when audit team members and audit leaders are ready for prime time.
- Does an excellent audit team member always make the best Lead Auditor? We will be exploring the soft skills that are necessary to be a lead auditor such as setting expectations, communications, critical thinking, conflict management, building and leading teams, and writing and presenting findings.
- How often should we conduct audits? Should we use internal or external resources? How many people should we use and how many days do we need for the audits? Are they compliance audits or should we focus on management systems? Should we score the audits to compare performance across similar locations or over time? These are a few of the questions that will be addressed when we discuss EHS Audit Program Best Practices.
The meeting will be followed by an optional networking lunch to allow continued discussion and networking with your peers! Come to learn and more importantly share what works well for your organization!
| 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Coffee and Networking
|8:30 - 8:45 a.m.
| 8:45 - 10:15 a.m.
- Deborah Briggs, Corporate Director EHS; Polaris Industries Inc.
- Marc Juaire, Corporate Director of Environmental, Health, and Safety; Liberty Diversified International
- Pete Schwalbach, Senior Project Manager; Antea Group
| 10:15 - 10:30 a.m.
| 10:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
| 12:15 - 1:00 p.m.
Optional Networking Lunch
Thanks to our hosts, Polaris Industries Inc.
Please contact Marc Juaire, Upper Midwest Chapter Lead for this event at email@example.com or Deborah Briggs at Deborah.Briggs@polaris.com.