Washington, D.C., Jan. 21, 2011 - A new term for the 2011-2012 NAEM Board of Directors kicked off this month with a meeting in Washington, D.C. to discuss the Association’s growth plan, governance and goals for the upcoming year.
Newly elected NAEM President Pat Perry, Senior Group Manager, Corporate Risk and Responsibility for Target Corp. said one of her goals for the coming term will be cultivating the next generation of environment, health and safety (EHS) and sustainability leaders.
“We have an obligation as leaders within our companies and members of the Board to identify high potential candidates and provide them with development opportunities to position them as future leaders,” she said. “This goal will focus on development of a program to actively cultivate young professionals to be future leaders of NAEM and within our own companies.”
Carol Singer Neuvelt, executive director for NAEM said the new Board also will play an important role in shaping programming and getting members involved.
“This year is an important next step in the growth of our Association,” she said. “I look forward to working with the board to strengthen our role as the hub of a vibrant professional community for EHS and sustainability decision-makers.”
NAEM’s Affiliates Council also welcomed two new leaders in January. John Reichling, Vice President at CDM, will serve a two-year term as president; and Minda Sarmiento, from Shaw Environmental and Infrastructure will begin a term as Vice President. Like the NAEM Board, the Affiliates Council vice president position is the president-elect.
The Board of Directors was elected from a slate of nominees last October. They will serve a two-year term, ending in December 2012, in accordance with the Association’s governance rules.
The following members comprise NAEM’s 2011-2012 Board of Directors:
- President: Pat Perry, Senior Group Manager, Corporate Risk & Responsibility; Target Corp.
- 1st Vice President: Stephen Evanoff, Vice President, Environment, Health & Safety; Danaher Corp.
- 2nd Vice President: Deb Hammond, Director, EHS Governance; Abbott Laboratories
- Secretary/Treasurer: Frank Macielak, Vice President, EH&S; Cardinal Health Inc.
- General Council: John Guttmann, Partner; Beveridge & Diamond, LLC
- Past President: Kelvin Roth, Director, Environment, Health & Safety Group; AMCOL International Corp.
- Affiliates Council President: John Reichling, Vice President; CDM
- Mark Hause, Environmental Competency Leader; DuPont
- Bruce Karas, Director, Safety & Environmental Services; The Coca-Cola Co.
- Mike Lloyd, Environmental Team Leader; Kimberly-Clark Corp.
- Mike Miller, Global Director, Risk Management & EHS; Apex Tool Group LLC
- Sandy Nessing, Managing Director, Sustainability & ESH Strategy; American Electric Power Co. Inc.
- David Newman, Head of EHS and Sustainability; Millipore Corp.
- Verne Shortell, Executive Director, Environmental Business; NRG Energy
- Carol Singer Neuvelt, Executive Director; NAEM