From Feb. 3-7 NAEM will be recognizing your contributions to the professional community with a series of special events.
Highlights of the week!
This week of special activities will give you the chance to reconnect with the NAEM community and plan your 2014 learning. Mark your calendars to take advantage of the following activities:
- Save on upcoming conferences and webinars: On Feb. 5, NAEM members will receive deep discounts on all 2014 NAEM events including the EHS Management Forum!
- Benchmark with your peers: Register for a FREE webinar on Using Life Cycle Assessments to Drive Business Decision-making, featuring top-rated speakers from the EHS Management Forum
- Enter the Raffle: Prizes include one FREE registration to the Forum registration and two FREE conference registrations
To learn more about the special activities we have planned for you, please visit the individual days below.
Monday Feb. 3
Meet the New Board of Regents
Meet the leaders of NAEM’s newest Corporate Member companies. NAEM'S Board of Regents is composed of representatives from each corporate member company. The Regents meet twice a year to benchmark on topics of their choice and provide strategic direction to NAEM on various initiatives.
- Jeremy Jukes, Sustainability Manager; Keihin North America
- Stephen Clarke: Vice President Environmental Affairs and Real Estate; Emerson
For more information on this group or the benefits of Corporate Membership please contact Briana Warner at email@example.com.
Tuesday Feb. 4
Member Engagement Day
Learn how to get involved with NAEM in 2014!
- Attend the FREE Webinar on Thursday, Feb. 6
- Register for any NAEM event on discount day. Registration links will be available beginning at 12:01 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, Feb. 5.
- Volunteer to participate in an NAEM activity this year including: Blogging for the Green Tie, contributing to benchmarking research, volunteering for the Member Spotlight or joining an NAEM chapter by emailing Briana Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you complete any of these activities between Tuesday, Feb. 4 and Thursday, Feb. 6 at 11:59 p.m. (EST) and you will be entered in the NAEM raffle.
Wednesday Feb. 5
NAEM members can register for all 2014 NAEM Events and purchase publications at the lowest rates of the year. Register today to for your 2014 events and save up to 25% off normal member pricing. Discounted rates will only be available from 12:01 a.m. - 11:59 p.m. (EST) on Feb. 5.
Best Practices in Corporate Energy, Waste and Water Management Conference
March 4-5, 2014
USPS Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
Resource conservation is a priority across most industries today, due to volatile energy costs, limited water availability, publicly stated goals and regulatory requirements. Join your EHS and sustainability peers to find out the real world strategies leading companies are using to advance their water, energy and waste management programs. The conference will showcase how companies are defining their programs, setting goals and reporting on their progress.
Regularly $479: Only $429
EHS & Sustainability Metrics, Materiality and Reporting Conference
May 21-22, 2014
Gates Corp. Headquarters, Denver, Colorado
Measuring corporate EHS and sustainability performance is an important undertaking for both internal and external stakeholders. This event will include case studies on how companies are selecting and structuring their metrics programs, along with examples of materiality assessments driving tracking and reporting efforts. Attendees will also interact with members of the ESG community, such as SASB and GISR, and receive updates on the standards being developed by these groups.
Regularly $479: 25% off on Discount Day! Only $355
Advancing Compliance Assurance and EHS Management Systems Conference
Aug. 5-6, 2014
Chrysler Group LLC Headquarters, Auburn Hills, Michigan
The basis of an effective EHS program remains the strength of its management system and how thoroughly it is integrated into business practices. Focusing on the core of EHS responsibilities, this conference will bring together a diverse group of EHS professionals to discuss the most effective ways to ensure compliance, reduce risk and drive business results. Attend this conference for case studies and interactive dialogue on emerging trends and issues in EHS management including EHS auditing, due diligence, managing EHS during a merger or acquisition, the use of EHS management systems (EMS) to achieve EHS goals, and EMS trends and latest developments.
Regularly $479: 25% off on Discount Day! Only $355
2014 EHS Management Forum
Oct. 22-24, 2014
Hilton Austin, Austin, Texas
The EHS Management Forum is the largest annual gathering for environmental, health and safety (EHS) and sustainability decision-makers. With two days of peer-led interactive sessions and keynote presentations, this is the premier event dedicated to showcasing best practices in EHS and sustainability management.
Regularly $1095: 20% off on Discount Day! Only $875
2012 EHS & Sustainability Staffing and Structure Report
Released in Nov. 2012
See how your organization’s staffing, structure, salaries and budgets compare to your peers with NAEM’s 2012 EHS & Sustainability Staffing and Structure report. This comprehensive report provides more than 60 charts that allow you to benchmark your function based on industry, revenue, headcount and risk profile. It also documents the scope of EHS responsibilities, including the evolving role of the EHS manager in the execution of corporate sustainability initiatives.
Regularly $1150, For Members $920: 15% off on Discount Day! Only $780
2014 NAEM Webinar Series
All of 2014
Sign up to watch all ten webinars in NAEM's 2014 series. This includes the webinars listed below, plus a recording of our January 21 webinar "Updates to the ASTM Phase I ESA Standard.” You will also have access to all recordings in this series if you miss any of the live events.
- Software Tools for Management of Change, (Feb. 13)
- Translating your Conflict Minerals Initiatives into an Optimized SEC Filing, (March 20)
- A Strategic Approach to Finding, Winning, and Managing Grant Funding, (April 16)
- Integrated Environmental Financial and Sustainability Reporting, May 8)
- Intelligent Industrial Water Management, (June 12)
- Standardizing & Measuring EHS Performance across Global Business Operations, (July 16)
- Development of a Large-Scale Service Provider Audit Program, (Aug. 28)
- Proactive Risk Management Ensures Survival During an OSHA Inspection, (Sept. 18)
- Leveraging Technology to Communicate Your Data, (Dec. 4)
Regularly $790: 43% off on Discount Day! $450
Thursday Feb. 6
FREE Life Cycle Assessment webinar
Today, NAEM is offering members one of the most valuable benefits of membership, professional development!
Using Life Cycle Assessments to Drive Business Decision-making
1 - 2 p.m. (ET)
Download this webinar for FREE if you are an NAEM member.
Sit in on this encore presentation of one of the highest-rated sessions from the 2013 EHS Management Forum. This FREE webinar will provide examples of how peer companies have used life cycle assessment data to inform business decisions. The presenters will explain how they conducted the analyses, what they learned and how they communicated the results internally.
- Richard Ammendola, Senior Principal, Value & Sustainable Innovation; The Wm. Wrigley Jr. Co.
- Debbie Kalish, Program Manager, Center for Energy Efficiency & Sustainability; Ingersoll-Rand Inc.
- Carrie Pearson, Life Cycle Assessment Analyst; 3M
- Margaret Enos, Manager, Product Stewardship, Environment, Health & Safety; Baxter Healthcare Corp.
In his global segment role at Wrigley, Rich is responsible for developing Strategy for the sustainability program, the Execution of Life Cycle Assessments for key manufacturing processes and designing management tools used to track the carbon impacts of their package and product launches. Rich graduated from Manhattan College in 1982 with a degree in Chemical Engineering. He started his career with Colgate Palmolive serving in engineering and production roles in support of their key brands. Throughout his 30 year career he has worked in the Consumer Products Industry holding positions in Process Engineering, Operations, Quality and Research and Development.
Debbie Kalish creates and manages product Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) processes for the Ingersoll Rand enterprise. She has created Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs), sustainability training for product teams, behavior based sustainability projects, and has built strategic partnerships. She's involved in various initiatives and projects to help advance Ingersoll Rand's Center for Energy Efficiency & Sustainability (CEES) programs. Debbie started with Ingersoll Rand in 2006, working in project and program management. She has been program manager of the Top Line Margin Expansion (TLME) initiative, the Trane IT Integration team, managed transition service agreements for construction divestitures, and served as key support for IT core systems and processes. Prior to joining Ingersoll Rand, Debbie worked for Bechtel Construction and Engineering for nine years. Debbie is Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified, has memberships in the Project Management Institute (PMI) and the American Center for Life Cycle Assessment (ACLCA). She earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Communications and Public Relations from Appalachian State University.
Carrie Pearson is a Life Cycle Assessment Analyst in the 3M Environmental Lab. She works with engineers, marketers, and developers to coordinate LCAs for multiple product platforms, and has been instrumental in the development of 3M LCA procedures. Carrie has a BS and MS in Chemical Engineering from Iowa State University. She has worked in the environmental field for 13 years, with the last 5 years focusing on LCA.
Friday Feb. 7
Thank you for participating with us in Member Appreciation Week!
We look forward to working with all of our members throughout 2014 to advance environmental stewardship, create safe and healthy workplaces, and promote global sustainability.
It was great talking with many of you on the phone this week but if we did not connect, please don't hesitate to contact the NAEM office with questions, suggestions or requests as we are here to serve you, our members!
And now the winners of the 2014 Member Appreciation Raffle:
- Amy Steele; SABIC (Saudi Basic Industries Corporation) Innovative Plastics - Winner of a Registration to the 2014 EHS Management Forum
- Martha N. Coopersmith-Gray; Amphenol Corp. - Winner of a Registration to one of NAEM’s 2014 Issue-Specific Conferences
- Martin Schneider; New Page Corp.- Winner of a Registration to one of NAEM’s 2014 Issue-Specific Conferences
We thank you again for making NAEM your professional home and hope to see you soon!