NAEM Web Seminars are an easy and cost-effective way to share a learning experience with your colleagues. With one registration you can gather your entire EHS team around a computer or projector screen to collectively participate and brainstorm ideas.
Harnessing Your Workforce to Achieve Sustainability
Nov. 17, 2009
1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
Purchase this webinar
Cost: FREE for Members, $49 for Non-Members
Do you want to tap into your organization’s most dynamic resource? Join NAEM as we discuss how to unleash the value of your workforce and drive sustainability to new levels.
Smart organizations recognize that their workforce represents a critical and powerful stakeholder group when it comes to reaching EHS and Sustainability goals. Attend this web seminar and hear from companies that have developed strategies to put this force to work for the good of the environment and their companies’ bottom line!
Learn how to incite action in employees by developing and executing eco-friendly practices and programs. Hear how an employee-led grassroots team can grow into a company-wide program. Take the first steps towards creating a culture of sustainability.
Peer-led case studies will examine:
- The costs and benefits of sustainability programs
- Empowering employees at all levels
- Executive sponsorship
- Managing and executing a sustainability strategy
- Supporting and reinforcing sustainable behaviors
- Raising awareness of plans and efforts
- Getting people excited to meet sustainability goals
- Expanding pilot programs
We will also preview "Taking it Personally," a new resource NAEM is pleased to offer the EHS & Sustainability Professional. This guide will be available in electronic and print format and is intended to be a foundational resource for companies who want to raise awareness and engage their workforce on sustainability issues and challenges. The guide offers a number of ways employees can get involved on a personal level and reduce their impacts on the planet. For a minimal cost, the guide also allows companies the opportunity to customize the content and include information on their organization’s own sustainability efforts and successes.
This webinar is perfect for:
- Professionals looking to build organizational pride
- Managers who want to get the workforce involved, but don’t know how
- Anyone who knows the workforce has a lot of value and energy to give
- Managers who believes in the power to teamwork
- Anyone who has seen some momentum and wants to keep it going
Featuring presentations by:
- Paul Narog, Director, Environmental Operations, 3M
- Lawren Townsend, Manager of Environmental Sustainability, PepsiCo
Mr. Narog has corporate responsibility for 3M’s sustainability initiatives and environmental regulatory management and governance programs. Regarding sustainability, his group manages company sustainability goals, employee education, external communications, environmental stakeholder partnerships and strategic support to business units. In the areas of environmental regulatory management and governance, his group coordinates U.S. environmental regulatory affairs and permitting, ISO 14001, compliance auditing and environmental policies and standards. Paul is a certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt, a member of NAEM and A&WMA, sits on the University of Michigan Center for Sustainable Systems External Advisory Board and is a Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP).