NAEM Web Seminars are an easy and cost-effective way to share a learning experience with your colleagues. With one registration you can gather your entire EHS team around a computer or projector screen to collectively participate and brainstorm ideas.
Career Profiles and Skills for Success
Thursday November 12, 2015
1:00 -2:00 p.m. (EST)
Download this webinar recording for free.
NAEM will be releasing the Career Profiles and Skills for Success research report in November that examines the core competencies, attributes, and responsibilities of EHS professionals at different stages of their career. This report continues NAEM's ongoing research series which aims to provide a comprehensive benchmark of the corporate EHS and sustainability profession.
The “Career Profiles” report builds on the 2012 report on organizational design and staffing, as well as insights from the 2015 report on skills and knowledge areas. This report draws from both quantitative results from NAEM's recent survey of more than 350 in-house EHS and sustainability professionals as well as interviews with leaders at all levels about how they use their skills and knowledge in their work. It also introduces new survey findings on behaviors, attributes and the factors that professionals credit for their effectiveness, and includes detailed snapshots of professionals at each level of their career.
This report series is designed for:
- Corporate EHS and Sustainability leaders
- Hiring leaders/HR professionals
- External influencers
- Academic/training leaders
The report can help inform decisions on:
- Hiring/EHS team development
- Defining job responsibilities
- Knowing who/when to promote
- Salary of new employees and pay increases
The report includes:
- Top Activities by Years of Experience
- Technical and Business Skills
- Most Critical Attributes and Behaviors
- Shared vs. Owned Responsibilities
- Oversight vs. Direct Execution of Tasks
- Technical and Business Knowledge Areas
- Relative Importance of EHS Competencies in Different Career Stages
- Top Degrees and Certifications
- Taylor Gelsinger, Research Analyst; NAEM
- Kelvin Roth, Director, Corporate Environmental Health & Safety; CF Industries Inc.
- Carol Singer Neuvelt, Executive Director; NAEM
- Alan Leibowitz, NAEM Board of Directors, Principal; EHS Systems Solutions (former Head of EHS Exelis Inc.)