NAEM Web Seminars are an easy and cost-effective way to share a learning experience with your colleagues.
GHS: 2 Deadlines Hit in 2015. Are you Ready?
Tuesday Feb. 17, 2015
1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
Download this webinar
Cost: FREE for Members, $49 for Non-Members
This year, in 2015, during a span of just six months, two of OSHA's GHS deadlines are going into effect. With employers still scrambling to meet the compliance obligations laid out by OSHA's first GHS deadline, which went into effect in December 2013, it's important to take action now to understand the full spectrum of GHS requirements. Doing so will help prevent noncompliance with OSHA's 2nd most frequently cited standard, and more importantly protect employees from increased injury and illness risks resulting from a compromised HazCom Program.
- Learn what OSHA's phased-in GHS deadlines are and what is required to comply with them — two of which, go into effect in 2015
- Identify what has changed with HazCom as a result of GHS adoption, as well as what hasn't
- Understand the impact GHS adoption has on MSDS libraries, hazardous chemical inventories, container labels, and employee training programs
- Learn about the top compliance challenges safety professionals are facing when it comes to managing material safety data sheets (MSDSs) and labels, and how to overcome them
- Receive actionable steps for preparing workplace for the GHS transition and ensuring compliance with OSHA's series of GHS deadlines
- Melissa McCaffrey, Marketing & Communications; MSDSonline Inc.
Melissa McCaffrey is editor of SafetyCounts, a monthly newsletter from MSDSonline focusing on emerging EHS compliance issues. She is also one of the originators and hosts of MSDSonline's popular GHS and Recordkeeping webinar series, which has educated thousands of safety professionals on recent changes to OSHA's HazCom and Injury & Illness Recordkeeping Standards. She is a member of the Society for Chemical Hazard Communication (SCHC) and a sought after speaker, delivering educational presentations across the country for organizations like NSC, ASSE, and VPPPA, on a range of compliance issues.
About MSDSonline: MSDSonline is the leading provider of cloud-based compliance solutions that help businesses of all sizes cost-effectively manage a variety of global environmental, health and safety (EHS) regulatory requirements and sustainability initiatives.
Green Tie Blog Post
A New Year, New GHS Deadlines
January 5, 2015 by Melissa McCaffrey
It’s time to tie up loose ends from 2014 and get EHS programs prepped for the new year. For businesses covered by OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard (HazCom) that means preparing for two major GHS deadlines, which go into effect this year. If you’re focused on preparing your organization to comply, here’s a quick punch list to help you get started: Read more...