COVID-19 EHS&S Resources
Resources to help EHS professionals benchmark their company's emergency response, worker safety practices and EHS best practices during COVID-19
Other Key Topics:
Emerging From a Long Winter: Things Your Business Needs to Know to Manage Risk in a Post-COVID-19 WorldCost: FREE thanks to the support of Cority
As organizations slowly emerge from a COVID-19 hibernation, they find themselves in a world vastly different from the one that existed just a few months ago. Join this webinar to hear what critical safety and technology tools your organization can implement to plan ahead.
This webinar offers the industry’s first data-driven look at the impact of COVID-19 on the EHS function, based on NAEM’s benchmarking survey of how COVID-19 is reshaping EHS budgets, staffing, program goals and operations.
Download Past Webinars
Tips to Getting Your Business Ready to Re-Open In Person and Keeping Those Already Working In-Person SafeWebinarThis webinar will help anyone who plans to have employees working in-person with safety measures. It’ll cover a number of digital solutions, such as facial recognition, thermal scanning, and movement models to create resilient safety measures and optimize worker flow.
WebinarWhat remote technologies can be most effectively leveraged to accomplish EHS tasks, particularly during extreme situations such as the COVID-19 pandemic? Learn about a range of applications for these technologies, along with what's needed to implement them, and get a practical demonstration of their capabilities.
Leadership in Uncertain Times
In all of this uncertainty, as we yearn for assurances, what do we know for sure? Well, as history tells us, it's in time like these that true leaders emerge. Typically, they demonstrate compassion, stability, trust, hope and inspiration for the days ahead. They are our lights in a dark place. Studies of the lives of men and women who shaped history, as documented in "Profiles in Leadership" (Alan Axelrod, 2003), revealed some leadership lessons that are valid in this trying time and will be just as applicable in the future.
Timeless Leadership Lessons
- Optimism does not mean fostering delusions. Present all difficulties frankly and fully.
- Face the truth and speak the truth. Honesty is the best policy.
- Build a team of the best available advisors.
- Know when to ask for help.
- Empower others.
- Act decisively. Often a good solution now is better than a great solution later.
- Keep plans flexible. Be open to new data.
- When a problem surfaces, fix it. Don't cast blame.
- Never give up.
- Facing difficult realities does not require pessimism.
- It's never a bad leadership choice to advocate for what's right and just.
"Leadership is action, not position."
— Donald H. McGannon (1920 – 1984), broadcasting industry executive
A benefit for NAEM corporate members, Quick Polls allow fast, confidential benchmarking within the NAEM corporate member network. Quick Polls related to the COVID-19 response include:
- Returning to Work After COVID-19
- Coronavirus Telecommuting Protocols
- Coronavirus Temperature Screening
- Coronavirus and Future Sustainability Goals
- Coronavirus Protocols
- Coronavirus: Disinfecting Workplaces
- Coronavirus Testing and Green Cleaning Products
- Coronavirus Travel Restrictions
- Coronavirus Screening
- Coronavirus in China and Southeast Asia