How to minimize your company's environmental footprint
ReportGet a closer look at the specific steps companies are taking to reduce their GHG emissions within their operations and beyond. While the companies featured here are industry leaders, these types of companies tend to push the horizon for the broader community.
ReportWhat’s next for your EHS&S program? What are the issues that will shape EHS & Sustainability management in the 18-36 months to come? By conducting a quantitative benchmark and in-depth interviews with those on the leading edge of corporate sustainability today, NAEM has identified the issues that will drive new programs going forward.
ReportThis report reveals the proactive strategies companies are using to evaluate their preparedness for rare but impactful events.
WebinarHow can businesses can pursue ESG goals in an economically feasible way that minimizes legal and financial risk? Attendees will learn about state-level policies that offer promising, cost-effective opportunities for commercial procurement of clean energy and clean energy attributes.
WebinarThis interactive webinar will teach you how peer companies have leveraged downstream vendors to reduce EHS risks and achieve their business goals.
WebinarThis webinar will explore the use and value of different types of toxicity data, and teach classification schemes and other best practices for evaluating the data you have.
50 Years After the First Earth Day, What Challenges Are Next for Environmental and Sustainability Professionals?
So what's next?
- The ability to perform environmental compliance checks remotely has become essential, and companies must determine how to best implement it.
- Supply chain management may undergo a tremendous shift as the world adjusts to the realities of COVID-19.
- Many environmental and sustainability goals, set years or decades ago, used 2020 as a benchmark year — and 2020 data will no longer reflect “business as usual”. There will be a lot of adjustments to these goals, as well as to how new ones are set.
- EHS & Sustainability professionals not only must set those new sustainability goals, but execute them as well. It is no simple task to operationalize sustainability into a business.
- External ESG reporting remains unstandardized, with sustainability professionals under pressure to keep their companies’ ESG ratings positive.
In these especially challenging times, NAEM is here to help your 2020 be as productive and effective as possible. Check out our latest environmental and sustainability management resources here.
Just like everyone else, we are adapting to the realities of the COVID-19 pandemic and look forward to continuing to provide you with resources on this evolving situation — such as what readily available technology to leverage for remote EHS oversight, and how EHS leaders are sustaining EHS excellence in extraordinary times.
About the Author
Case StudyRead a comprehensive case study of how Southern Company structured, built and funded their landmark environmental stewardship program.