Continuing Education Credits
While NAEM does not offer a professional certification, the association’s conferences may qualify for continuing education credits through the prominent certifying organizations that support the environment, health and safety profession. This may include pre-submission of the conference agenda, a letter confirming attendance or an approval request form. Below is a list of common certifying bodies and an overview of the process for requesting certification credits. If you have any questions or require documentation from NAEM, please contact us at (202) 986-6616.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
Contact: For more information, please contact ABIH via firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 321-2638.
- Professional certification (choice of designation):
- CHFP: Certified Human Factors Professional
- CPE: Certified Professional Ergonomist
- CUXP: Certified User Experience Professional
- AEP: Associate Ergonomics Professional
- AHFP: Associate Human Factors Professional
- AUXP: Associate User Experience Professional
Contact: For more information, please contact Kris Rightmire at BCPE via email@example.com or (888) 856.4685.
- CSP: Certified Safety Professional
- SMS: Safety Management Specialist
- ASP: Associate Safety Professional
- OHST: Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technician
- CHST Construction Health and Safety Technician
- STS: Safety Trained Supervisor
- STSC: Safety Trained Supervisor Construction
- CET: Certified Environmental, Safety and Health Trainer
- GSP: Graduate Safety Practitioner
- TSP: Transitional Safety Practitioner
Contact: For more information, please call BCSP at (317) 593-4800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CHMM: Certified Hazardous Materials Manager
- CHMP: Certified Hazardous Materials Practitioner
- CDGP: Certified Dangerous Goods Professional
- CDGT: Certified Dangerous Goods Trainer
- QEP: Qualified Environmental Professional
- EPI: Environmental Professional Intern
Contact: For more information, please contact IPEP via email@example.com, or 517-321-2638.
- CSHM: Certified Safety and Health Manager
- CSMP Certified Safety Management Practitioner
- ASHM: Associate Safety Health Manager
To request a certificate of attendance, please call NAEM at (202) 986-6616.
Contact: For more information, please contact ISHM via firstname.lastname@example.org or (928) 344-5221.
- CDS: Certified Director of Safety
- CSS: Certified Safety Supervisor
- CDT: Certified Driver Trainer
- CDM/E: Certified Director of Maintenance/Equipment
- CSM/E: Certified Supervisor of Maintenance/Equipment
- CCSP: Certified Cargo Security Professional
Contact: For more information, please contact NATMI via email@example.com or (800) 922-2219.