Technology Management Guidelines
2020 EHS Software, Innovation and Technology Showcase
March 3-5, 2020 | Hilton New Orleans Riverside | New Orleans, LA
You are encouraged to submit multiple topics. We also suggest to be creative with the topic submissions as we will only have topics represented once on the program. Therefore, the more creative you are with your topic, the higher the chance no one else will submit the same topic.
Presenter Eligibility and Expectations
- Presentations must be given by a subject matter expert that has direct experience with implementing the data management solution.
- Presentations must have a client as a co-presenter that can show a case study of the management strategies.
- Presenters do not have to be NAEM members.
- Solutions or strategies cannot be specific to software applications.
- NAEM conferences stress sharing both best practices as well as lessons learned. Presenters will be expected to speak frankly not only about the solution, but also about the challenges, the impact of the challenges, and the suggested solution.
Session Format and Content
- The data management challenge sessions will last 45 minutes, including Q&A, and the speakers are expected to touch on the following pieces of content:
- Begin by thoroughly explaining the common management challenge.
- Progress how the challenge can be addressed by data management strategies not specific to branded software applications.
- Feature a case study where the company was faced with this challenge and utilized the solution.
- List any lessons learned that the attendees should know.
- Whether a direct presentation or open discussion, it is up to you determine the best delivery format, but the more interactive the session is, the better.
- The presentation must focus on a specific MIS or data management challenge, issue or trend. It is an opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge on the topic, but cannot be an advertisement for a specific product.
- Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
- Topics will be selected by an NAEM member-based selection committee.
- Selections will be based on their value and content and will not be tied to sponsorship support.
- A speaker who is a subject matter expert will be prioritized over sales professionals.
- All abstracts will be reviewed and submitters will be notified by the week of September 16, 2019.
- We ask speakers to pay a reduced registration fee of $299 to help offset expenses.