Washington, DC, Nov. 3, 2014 - NAEM will welcome new leaders to the Board of Directors in January, following their election last month by the NAEM Board of Regents.
NAEM Executive Director Carol Singer Neuvelt said the new leadership will provide fresh thinking as the Association continues to deliver unique value as a vital professional community for EHS and sustainability leaders.
“We look welcome the new ideas that this bi-annual leadership transition always brings,” she said. “Thanks to the solid systems we developed under the guidance of our previous Board, NAEM is well-poised to reach its potential as an enduring resource for the next generation of leadership.”
Ms. Neuvelt said that NAEM's recently adopted strategic five-year plan will introduce new forums for engagement, unique benchmarking opportunities and valuable resources to inform decision-making about corporate EHS and sustainability challenges.
The new Board Officers, who will help oversee the new plan, are:
- President: Rick Taylor, Vice President of Environmental Health, Safety and Energy with Parker-Hannifin Corp.
- 1st Vice President: Kris Morico, Global Leader - Environmental Programs with General Electric Co.
- 2nd Vice President: Mark Hause, Global Environmental Competency Leader with DuPont
- Treasurer & Secretary: Alan Leibowitz, Director of Environment, Safety, Health and Security with ITT Exelis Corp.
The new Directors-at-Large will be:
- Thomas Day, Chief Sustainability Officer with U.S. Postal Service
- Kym Fawcett, Senior Manager of Safety and Social Responsibility with Enerplus Corp.
- Johanna Jobin, Head of Corporate Responsibility & Corporate Affairs with EMD Millipore Corp.
- Michelle Redfield, Director of Environment and Process Improvement with Schneider Electric
- Greg Rose, Director of Environment, Health and Safety with Chrysler Group
- Sandy Nessing, Managing Director, Sustainability & ESH Strategy with American Electric Power Co. Inc.
- Mark Cates, Director of Global Environmental Compliance for Operations and Products with Corning Inc.
The Ex-Officio members of the Board will be:
- Past President: Stephen Evanoff, Vice President of EHS with Danaher Corp.
- General Counsel: John Guttman, Principal with Beveridge & Diamond
- Affiliates Council President: Laura Murphy,Vice President of Customer Experience with KMI
- NAEM Executive Director: Carol Singer Neuvelt
In accordance with NAEM's bylaws, elections to the Board of Directors take place every two years. The candidates are selected from a pool of nominations by a governance committee, composed of members of the Board of Regents.
To learn more about the new members of the NAEM Board, please visit: http://www.naem.org/?page=nominations.