The Benefits Of Implementing EHS Processes On An Existing Enterprise Platform With Serenity
As the importance of environmental, health, and safety (EHS) processes continues to grow in today's business world, it is becoming increasingly important for companies to have a reliable and efficient system for managing these processes. That is why many organizations are turning to existing enterprise platforms such as ServiceNow to handle their EHS needs. In this article, we will discuss why putting EHS processes on ServiceNow with Serenity is a good idea and highlight some of the key benefits of doing so.
- Existing administrative and developer skill set in house: By using ServiceNow, you are able to utilize the technical skillset of your in-house team to manage and implement the application. This not only saves time and resources, but it also ensures that you are getting the most out of your existing infrastructure
- Proven scalability: ServiceNow is a proven technology that has been used by many organizations to handle various business processes. When you put your EHS processes on ServiceNow, you are instantly able to take advantage of its scalability, both from an infrastructure and geographical standpoint. This makes it easier for your company to grow and expand without having to worry about the limitations of your EHS system
- Reduce time to value and implementation cost: By implementing EHS on your existing ServiceNow infrastructure, you can inherit all of your existing integrations, such as Active Directory, Single Sign-on, and security rules. This helps to speed up time to value and reduces implementation costs, making it easier and more cost-effective for your organization to get started with EHS processes
- Improved end user experience: ServiceNow is the system of engagement for many customers, and your employees are likely already familiar with using the ServiceNow portal to request things from IT and the business. By putting EHS processes on ServiceNow, you can provide employees with a familiar and easy-to-use interface for engaging with EHS processes
- Streamline workflows with a single data model: EHS processes touch all aspects of your enterprise, from HR, to Legal, to IT. By having all of these teams, processes, and data on the same platform, you can streamline end-to-end workflows, improve visibility, and enhance collaboration and communication between different teams. This makes it easier for everyone to work together and achieve common goals
- Reduced costs: By using a single platform for multiple business processes, you can reduce the costs associated with maintaining multiple systems and the associated hardware and software licenses. This makes it more cost-effective for your organization to manage EHS processes and reduces the burden on your IT department
- Increased security: ServiceNow has built-in security features that allow you to protect sensitive EHS data, including customers who have unique security requirements such as FedRAMP. By having EHS on the same platform as other business processes, you can take advantage of these security features and ensure that your EHS data is protected
- Data centralization and integration: By having EHS on the same platform as other business processes, you can easily integrate and centralize data, leading to improved data accuracy, better decision making, and increased efficiency. This makes it easier for your organization to make informed decisions and take action on important EHS issues
- Better reporting and analytics: By having EHS data integrated with other business data, you can gain deeper insights and improve your ability to report and analyze EHS performance. This makes it easier for your organization to track progress and identify areas for improvement, allowing you to make more informed decisions and take action on important EHS issues. Serenity helps companies achieve operational excellence with solutions that optimize processes, maximize efficiency, and improve data visibility.
Serenity is built and certified on ServiceNow — the industry’s most widely used cloud-based workflow automation platform. This means that Serenity operational workflows are deployed on your existing ServiceNow infrastructure, enabling a single enterprise data model and a familiar user experience - No integration required.
About the Author
As a seasoned Sales Executive with over 12 years of experience in the field of Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS), Fraser is well-equipped to help organizations improve their EHS processes and outcomes for all stakeholders. Fraser's proven track record of successfully partnering with world-class organizations allows him to understand the unique challenges and opportunities that each organization faces. He brings a strategic and consultative approach to EHS, working closely with his clients to identify and mitigate potential risks, and design and implement effective EHS programs that not only comply with regulatory requirements but also promote a culture of safety and sustainability within the organization.