NAEM’s Impact Conference to Focus on Tangible Sustainability Goals, Business Results
NAEM Deputy Director Virginia Hoekenga said the new emphasis reflects a growing need for practical information that corporate leaders can use to solve the complex challenges that sustainability presents.
“For those on the front lines of sustainability implementation, there is a real need for peer-tested solutions,” she said. “This is the critical step we need to take if we want to transform sustainability from big ideas and feel-good stories into a long-term change in how the world does business.”
The conference will begin on August 6 with a set of training workshops and benchmarking discussions. August 7 will open with a keynote presentation by Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, who will describe how he set a compelling sustainability vision for the city.
Subsequent sessions will address foundational challenges such as goal-setting, water scarcity management, supply chain sustainability practices, engaging with ESG investors, managing climate risk and circular economy solutions.
The peer leaders who will present during the two-and-a-half-day conference include:
- Alexis Ludwig-Vogen, Director, Environmental Sustainability & Compliance; Best Buy Co.
- Jim Goudreau, Head of Climate; Novartis
- Mike Hershkowitz, Global Director, Product Sustainability; International Flavor & Fragrances Inc.
- Sarah Smith, Senior Manager, Global Sustainability; The Kellogg Co.
- Patrick Boyle, Director, Corporate Sustainability; Sloan Valve Co.
- Andre Fourie, Global Director Water Sustainability; Anheuser Busch Inbev NV
- Rob Currie, Director, Corporate Environment, Health & Safety; Baxter Inc.
- Diane Curelli, Environmental Standards Leader of Global Safety and Environment; General Mills Inc.
- Sharon Basel, Senior Manager, Sustainability; General Motors Inc.
- Edan Dionne, Vice President, Environmental, Energy & Chemical Management Programs; IBM Corp.
- Maria Sepulveda, Director, Sustainability; Flex Ltd.
- Jason Pelz, Vice President, Circular Economy, Americas & South Asia, East Asia & Oceania; Tetra Pak