Join NAEM's small but mighty team dedicated to empowering environment, health and safety, and sustainability (EHS&S) professionals to advance their companies’ EHS&S performance.
Director of Corporate Development and Strategic Alliances
If you are a sales person with experience successfully positioning and selling the value of experiences, relationships and access to thought leaders and influencers, then this position is an excellent fit for you. If you delight in building revenue and launching new products that haven’t yet been to market, then this position is also a great opportunity. If you thrive when working for an organization that is committed to making a positive impact, you will find great opportunities to achieve that objective at NAEM.
The National Association for Environmental, Health & Safety and Sustainability Management (NAEM) has a great opportunity for a seasoned business development professional to join a strong team. NAEM prides itself on a smart and enthusiastic staff that deliver results and is committed to NAEM’s mission.
This position reports to the Executive Director, and is focused on increasing NAEM’s revenue through effective corporate business development strategies that will result in strategic partnerships, expansion of corporate membership and the growth of two member/customer networking initiatives the association is rolling out this year.
- Developing and executing a strategic business development plan and sales strategy for the association, in order to expand current and prospective corporate member engagement and drive revenue through sales of our elite networking, executive experiential learning and working group opportunities.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Sales Director to fine tune marketing messages and sales techniques for new offerings.
- Work with senior association staff to create new corporate business development opportunities: expand existing relationships and attract new members/customers to our curated content, meetings and networking experiences.
- Maintain knowledge and fluency of NAEM’s portfolio of offerings in order to have substantive and influential conversations with EHS&S executives about their overall business challenges and needs.
- Develop a deep understanding of the EHS executive development market and how NAEM’s executive learning and networking opportunities offer unparalleled value for their members and customers.
In summary, your goal is to help fulfill NAEM’s mission by promoting the Association externally and growing revenue for a variety of NAEM’s offerings. In doing so, NAEM meets a crucial need in the professional marketplace and helps to advance environmental, health, safety and sustainability stewardship in the private sector.
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes
A successful candidate will possess most, if not all, of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations or related subject.
- 3+ years of proven consultative sales/business development experience engaging senior and C-suite executives.
- High level of emotional intelligence with ability to build credibility and successful business relationships with senior level executives.
- Familiarity with the executive and leadership development environment and latest trends.
- Proven experience in prospecting new business, as well as cultivating and expanding current business.
- Strong collaborator who is able to build trust across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated high energy, strong work ethic and bias for action.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills, able to coordinate multiple projects and tasks without daily supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent client-facing and business communication skills to include writing, proofreading, and presentations.
- Possess a general interest in corporate sustainability issues and dedication to the mission of NAEM.
Salary and Starting Benefits
The salary for this position depends on experience. Benefits include:
- Full health and dental insurance.
- Employee retirement savings plan with matching funds available after one year.
- Two weeks' paid vacation to start.
- A flexible work environment.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Samantha Leighton, Search Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
The National Association for Environmental Management (NAEM) empowers corporate leaders to advance environmental stewardship, create safe and healthy workplaces, and promote global sustainability. As the largest professional community for EHS and sustainability decision-makers, we provide peer-led educational conferences and an active network for sharing solutions to today's corporate EHS and sustainability management challenges.