New reporting requirements for Scope 2 GHG emissions will require companies to examine and update their current procedures and methods for calculating Scope 2 emissions.
Among the many changes is that companies will be required to provide dual reporting by two distinct methods: location-based reporting and market-based reporting.
The GHG Protocol Scope 2 Guidance was published in January 2015, and this year companies that report their GHG emissions in accordance with WRI/WBCSD GHG Protocol will be required to follow the new 110-page guidance document.
This is an important program for anyone who enters, tracks, reports and reviews GHG emissions data.
To download as a non-member, please email email@example.com.
What you will learn
- How does the new guidance affect my Scope 2 GHG emissions calculations?
- How should I change my reporting format for Scope 2 emissions?
- How do I account for Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs), Green Power purchases and other instruments used for reducing my Scope 2 emissions?
- Do I need to recalculate my base-year Scope 2 emissions?
- What are Scope 2 Quality Criteria?