EHS&S: On the Front Lines of COVID-19
The scope and scale of the EHS&S community’s work is both daunting and remarkable — from transitioning and relocating teams and procuring vital PPE, to creating new Health & Safety protocols and managing compliance amid rapidly changing and expanding regulations. We also heard from many of you about the challenges of:
- Identifying and sourcing protective & safety materials
- Managing health, safety and mental health of a remote workforce
- Ensuring the health & safety of essential, on-site employees during COVID-19
- Effectively communicating to employees to facilitate behavior changes
- Continuing operations after an exposure incident
- Assessing and articulating the business risks from COVID-19 for the C-suite
- Reintroducing non-essential workers into the workplace
We have heard about many of these issues through NAEM’s Quick Polls, weekly Drop-In calls with our corporate members and interviews. And, there is much more we can contribute to this evolving conversation. So in the coming weeks, NAEM will release a series of articles on some of the challenges faced by EHS&S leaders in relation to COVID-19. We want to feature real people, real stories to showcase the incredible work that is being accomplished.
So, we encourage you to join in! Share with us how you and/or your coworkers are managing these challenges. Reach out to us at email@example.com, or through our online submission form, and let us know your stories and advice you’d like to give your peers.