What Can You Do?
Check out NAEM’s research reports, webinars, conference presentations and Quick Polls below on sustainability and environmental topics. These resources will give you the knowledge and tools you need to help your company make strides forward in helping our planet.
Nature is in a crisis, threatened by biodiversity and habitat loss, global heating and toxic pollution. It’s critical that we work together to protect our planet.
(Check out NAEM's Earth Day 2020 post: 50 Years After the First Earth Day, What Challenges Are Next for Environmental and Sustainability Professionals?)
ReportTake a look behind the scenes at the effects of unprecedented challenges — a deep economic recession, COVID-19’s long-term impacts and social unrest — on corporate sustainability.
- India: As air pollution plummets to levels unseen in living memory, people share pictures of spotless skies and even Himalayan peaks from cities where the view had been obscured by fog for decades. Read more
- Italy: Within days of the lockdown in Italy, Venetians began sharing photos that showed fish visible in the lagoon, which usually has boats churning up sediment from the water bed. Read more
- Los Angeles: LA is seeing some of the cleanest air of any major city in the world. Read more
- Wildlife: Wildlife sightings are on the rise around the world. Read more
- Earth’s Seismic Activity: Researchers who study Earth’s movement are reporting a drop in seismic noise that could be the result of transport networks and other human activities being shut down. This could allow
detectors to spot smaller earthquakes and boost efforts to monitor volcanic activity and other seismic events. Read more
Cost: Cost: Free for members; $49 for non-members
Learn how to improve assessments of risk and impact, adopt science-based goals across supply chains, and set targets for net positivity. This webinar will also showcase the importance of data and automation in upgrading disclosure practices for not only integrated reporting, but also quantifying social impact and tracking against goals.
Cost: Free for members; $49 for non-members
This webinar will give insights into the structure of employee-owned and benefit corporation organizations. Learn the advantages of working and collaborating with these companies, and how it can contribute to a more responsible and sustainable supply chain.
Virtual Event, Join From Anywhere!
This conference uniquely offers tools for business leaders who have the responsibility for overseeing and executing their organization’s sustainability strategies. Learn the most impactful practices from sustainability leaders who have successfully gotten buy-in from senior leaders, engaged internal stakeholders, and overcome key management challenges. Plus, you'll gain an understanding of the critical issues that external stakeholders are focused on as they influence corporate sustainability priorities and best practices.
Environment & Sustainability Past Conference PresentationsFor NAEM members and conference attendees
Available presentations include:
2020 Software, Innovation & Technology Conference
- Using Business Intelligence Tools for Environmental Performance Improvement
- Corporate Sustainability Goal-Setting
- Addressing the Emerging Sustainability Risk of Plastic Waste
- Tips and Strategies on Moving Towards Zero Waste
- Big Wins and Ambitious Targets in Energy Reduction and Renewables
- Strategies for Managing Chemical Risk in Products and Supply Chains
- Circular Economy: Moving from Big Idea to Implementation
- Setting and Selling A Winning Sustainability Vision
- Key Steps to Executing Your Sustainability Strategy
- Biomimicry: A Big Idea for Designing a Sustainable World
- Diving Deeper Into Water Issues
- Practical Ways Business Can Move the Needle Towards a Circular Economy
- Reporting is Transforming Environmental Enforcement — Become Data-Driven to Turn Insights Into Action
- Effective Chemical Management Will Achieve Compliance Excellence
Environment & Sustainability Quick PollsA benefit for corporate members
Quick Polls quickly and confidentially benchmark a specific EHS&S issue among NAEM's corporate member community. Recent environmental and sustainability Quick Polls have included:
- Coronavirus and Future Sustainability Goals
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- Green Factories
- ESG Incentives & Compensation
- Green Innovation Programs
- Bio-Based Shrink Wrap
- Task Force on Climate
- Environmental Near Misses
- Lithium Batteries
- Sustainability Reporting
- EHS Risk & Sustainability Software