NAEM Recognizes Top EHS&S Leaders at 2019 Excellence Awards Ceremony
The ceremony, which took place during NAEM’s 27th annual EHS&S Management Forum in Toronto, celebrated the forward thinkers, change makers and visionaries who are building safer, healthier workplaces and a more sustainable world.
“Those who are called to this profession bring an extraordinary commitment to their work,” said NAEM Executive Director Carol Singer Neuvelt. “NAEM’s Excellence Awards honor those whose servant leadership, creative problem-solving and dedication to results are transforming companies from within.”
More than 600 EHS&S professionals attended the ceremony where Sandy Nessing, President, NAEM Board of Directors announced one Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, three Leadership in Action recipients and four NexGen Leaders Award recipients.
The 2019 NAEM Lifetime Achievement Award honored:
- Dr. David Eherts, Vice President, Global EHS, Allergan plc.
The 2019 NAEM Leadership In Action Awards recognized the following best-in-class industry leaders:
- Deborah Donovan, Senior Vice President, Corporate Environment, Health and Safety, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company;
- Beth Holland, Vice President, Operational Excellence - EHS & Sustainability, AptarGroup, Inc.;
- David Newman, Executive Director, Health and Safety, Comcast Corporation.
The 2019 NAEM NexGen Leaders Awards were presented to the following emerging leaders:
- Cynthia DiMeglio, ESH Senior Manager, Lockheed Martin, Rotary and Mission Systems;
- Ivan Marquez, Regional EHS Manager, Novolex;
- Jennifer Pippin, EHS Manager, Novolex;
- Rudolfo F. von Borstel, Regional Environment Director for Latin America, Cargill Incorporated.
About the NAEM Excellence Awards
The NAEM Excellence Awards recognize outstanding achievements in the field of environment, health, safety and sustainability management. Recipients are nominated by a peer, mentor or colleague and evaluated by an independent panel of judges. Neither NAEM nor its sponsors influence the selection of award recipients. Nomination forms for next year’s NAEM Excellence Awards will be available in spring 2020 at naem.org/awards.
The National Association for environment, health, safety and sustainability (EHS&S) Management (NAEM) empowers corporate leaders to advance environmental stewardship, create safe and healthy workplaces, and promote global sustainability. As the largest professional community for EHS&S decision-makers, NAEM provides peer-led educational conferences, benchmarking research and an active network for sharing solutions to today's corporate management challenges. For more information, visit naem.org.